• Morning stiffness and pain in Achilles tendon
• Tender to touch
• Possible thickening of tendon or lump on tendon
• Poor foot posture ie ‘fallen arches
• Unsupportive or old running shoes or footwear
• Insufficient calf stretches
• Insufficient rest periods between training
• Different running terrain
• Sudden return to sport
ACTUAL CAUSE OF SYMPTOMS
The Achilles tendon does not have a good blood supply especially in a focal point mid way down the tendon where many people get their pain. It therefore takes time to heal after injury. The tendon becomes inflamed and thickened.
Seek Physiotherapy assessment and treatment as soon as possible.
Contact Petrina Spencer-Walker on tel: 0725 010511